Thursday, September 4, 2008

Obama liveblogged: A strong push back

By GottaLaff

Just now, live, Obama hits back hard:

What about my work int the legislature, as a lawyer, .... They just talked about the work I did out of college. Doing work in the community to bring people together, create jobs, set up job training programs in hard hit areas... are all relevant to who I'm fighting for, what I believe in. My question to them is, why is that kind of work ridiculous? Who are they fighting for? [My work is] not relevant to the presidency? [That speaks to who they are].

Sexist accusations?
If they want to work the refs, they are free to do so. The notion that any questions about her work in Alaska is not relevant to her potential to be v.p. doesn't make too much sense to me. I assume she wants to be treated the way guys want to be treated, with her records under scrutiny. I've been doing this for 19 months, she's been at it for what, 3 days so far?

I'm running against McCain. I don't get that Palin has ideas that are different from his. Her speech was on behalf of McCain.

Who has a better plan to move the country forward to change it from the policies of the past 8 years?

People want change, I represent it [paraphrased]. If McCain discusses those issues, it'll be a "juiceful" debate.

What did you expect? This is what they do. They have no agenda. They haven't offered a single concrete idea, in 2 nights... they spent the 2 nights attacking me or extolling McCain's biography.

You can't expect I'd be surprised at attacks from Republicans. I've been called worse on the basketball courts.

Ultimately it's about myself and McCain and what's right for the country [lists policies, etc.] I'm proud of Joe Biden and confident he'll help me govern in a very effective way should I be elected president.

There you go. Bingo.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts