Thursday, January 8, 2009

CBC slammed for Obama racist 'comedy'


When I first read this, I was all "Why does the Congressional Black Caucus hate Obama?", but I was equally surprised to see it was the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. What's with this, our Canadian friends?

MONTREAL, Jan. 8 (UPI) -- The Canadian Broadcasting Corp. has been flooded with complaints about a year-end comedy show that made racial slurs about U.S. President-elect Barack Obama.

The publicly funded French-language broadcaster's annual "Bye Bye" comedy television show drew more than 4 million viewers, but also 1,300 complaints about the racial references, Sun Media reported.

In one segment, a comedian said having a black person in the White House "will make it much easier to shoot him" because of the color contrast. It continued with comments that all blacks look alike and a phony interviewer asking a black man if blacks have large genitals, the report said.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts