Saturday, January 10, 2009

Obama watch: Chillin' with chili

By GottaLaff

President-elect Barack Obama stops to eat in Ben's Chili Bowl ...
AP
Can you imagine going to some little local eatery and bumping into the future president? Some lucky chili-lovers at Ben's Chili Bowl lucked out:
Barack Obama dropped in Saturday afternoon for a bite to eat with Washington's mayor, Adrian Fenty.

Obama drew laughs from the Ben's staff and nearby patrons when he walked up to the counter and asked, "Where's the food at?"

They ordered a house specialty, a Chili Half-Smoke — a quarter-pound half pork and beef smoked sausage on a steamed bun with mustard, onions and chili sauce. They also picked up some chili-topped french fries and ice tea.

It was Obama's first time there. I know that because, being the ace blogger that I am, I noticed that when he was asked if it was his first visit, he said, "It is, actually, and it was terrific."

Those wily reporters can't pull one over on me.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts