By GottaLaff
Colin Powell was just on the Tee Vee Machine announcing the unveiling of the new Obama community service web site called USA Service:
[The] “Renew America Together” initiative, [is] asking all Americans to make an ongoing commitment to serve their communities and their country. The “Renew America Together” initiative will begin on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Monday, January 19th to honor the legacy of a man who lived his life in service to others.Powell:
At this moment of great purpose and great promise, President-elect Obama is calling on all Americans to make an ongoing commitment to serve their communities and their country. We’re not just asking the American people for one day of service. We are asking you to make an ongoing commitment of your time - an hour, a weekend, whatever you can spare. Because that’s how we’re going to rebuild this country and meet our great challenges - together.A quote from Powell that I caught just now sums it up.
"I got back more than I gave."Grandma Grizzly's self-serving belittling of such programs only speak to her bovine intellectual capacity and will lead to her continuing propulsion to as-yet-undiscovered depths.