Monday, January 5, 2009

Dianne Feinstein slams Obama CIA head pick

By GottaLaff


I'm not a fan of ol' Dianne's, as you can tell by the above Lieberstein portrait that I Photoshopped last year:
Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the Senate’s incoming Intelligence committee chair, slammed President-elect Barack Obama’s choice of Leon Panetta as director of the CIA Monday.

“I was not informed about the selection of Leon Panetta to be the CIA Director. I know nothing about this, other than what I’ve read,” Feinstein said in a statement. “My position has consistently been that I believe the Agency is best-served by having an intelligence professional in charge at this time.” [...]

"The President-elect will now have a chance to make his arguments,” the spokesman said. “Her next move is to listen."

Everything I've heard so far about Panetta, both in the media and here in Comments, is that he's a good choice. Let's not forget that Feinstein supported Michael Mukasey as Gonzo's replacement for Attorney General.

Yeah, I trust her judgment.

UPDATE: Jay Rockefeller agrees. They want deputy CIA Director Steve Kappes:
The senators have let the transition team know they believe that the agency has finally settled down under Michael Hayden and needs a real intelligence pro to make key decisions -- and get institutional support to make them stick.
Wiretappin' Michael Hayden. Perfect.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts