By GottaLaff
I'm stuck with only copying and pasting the little bit that I can load right now, so here are some bits and pieces:
Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin called Afghanistan “our neighboring country” on Sunday in a speech that could revive questions over her tendency to stumble into linguistic knots.Could? Could add fuel? Oh, puh-leeze. Next:Three days after a mostly gaffe-free debate performance, the Alaska governor fumbled during a speech in which she praised U.S. soldiers for “fighting terrorism and protecting us and our democratic values”.
“They are also building schools for the Afghan children so that there is hope and opportunity in our neighboring country of Afghanistan,” she told several hundred supporters at a fundraising event in San Francisco.
The gaffe could add fuel to comedians and late-night talk show hosts who have seized on her linguistic infelicities to portray her as someone not to be taken seriously.
Animals Face 'Bleak' Future A new international study finds that one quarter of the world's mammals are at risk of extinction.That one made me cry. My frustration level is nearly at its peak. Next:
Joe Biden is apparently canceling all campaign events for another two days, if I read correctly this morning when my Internets were still working. I can't even copy and paste this one due to tech issues, but I do have a link, and I did read it somewhere. Hopefully this link will verify what I thought I read. Did I mention I hate the Internets?
*"In What Respect, Charlie?"
