By GottaLaff
IWRC* Palin supported Ted Stevens. I wonder if she supports him now. Oh, that's right. She won't commit to that until she sees if it's politically expedient:
Xoxoxoxox!In another call, recorded in October 2006, Stevens told Allen that his attorneys had warned him to be careful in his dealings with the Veco executive in order to avoid a charge of obstructing justice. He also worried that the call was being recorded.
"I think they are probably listening to this conversation right now for Christ's sakes," Stevens said. He added that he didn't care if they were eavesdropping because "I would tell them the same things if they were right in front of us."
Later, Stevens said investigators "can't really hurt us."
"They aren't going to shoot us," Stevens said. "It's not Iraq. Hell, the worst that can happen to us, is that we run up a bunch of legal fees . . . might pay a fine, may spend a little time in jail."
Stevens repeated time and again in that phone call that he didn't believe he had done anything illegal. "I don't think we have done anything wrong," Stevens said. "I can't think of a thing we have done is wrong."
The men spoke several time about their affection for each other. At the end of the first tape recorded call, Stevens told Allen: "You are one of the greatest friends I have ever had."
In another call, Allen said: "Ted, I love you."
*"In What Respect, Charlie?"