By GottaLaff
One hour later....
"Obviously, I am thrilled and honored to have Senator Clinton's support. But more than that, I honor her today for the valiant and historic campaign she has run. She shattered barriers on behalf of my daughters and women everywhere, who now know that there are no limits to their dreams. And she inspired millions with her strength, courage and unyielding commitment to the cause of working Americans. Our party and our country are stronger because of the work she has done throughout her life, and I'm a better candidate for having had the privilege of competing with her in this campaign. No one knows better than Senator Clinton how desperately America and the American people need change, and I know she will continue to be in the forefront of that battle this fall and for years to come."
The talking heads were buzzing! Where was Obama during the speech?
Obama watched Clinton's speech over the Internet on a computer, a campaign aide said. He put in a call to Clinton afterward, but was told by a Clinton assistant that she was speaking with supporters.
Ohhh, so she's with supporters, too busy to take his call.
Why is there so much discussion about how "hard" this is for her? It's a race. Somebody had to lose, they all knew that before they ran, and yes, it's hard. This was a tough race, but it was essentially over some time ago.In the final minutes of the speech, a top Obama strategist was pleased with the message, saying there was “no ambiguity” about her support for the presumptive Democratic nominee.
The strategist characterized the speech as “very generous” and said that he “appreciates it’s hard.”
And hey, did anyone publicly console Mike Huckabee when he lost? Or John Edwards? No. Everyone assumed they'd suck it up and move forward. I'd hate to think it's because she's a -- dun, dun, dun-n-n -- woman.