Thursday, June 5, 2008

Obama on veep choice: "Settle down"

By GottaLaff

As Barack says, it's only been 2 measly days:
Sen. Barack Obama said Thursday he's in no rush to pick a vice presidential candidate, telling CNN "everybody needs to settle down" and let the vetting process run its course. [...]

"We just completed this arduous process," Obama said. "It's only been two days, and I think it's not just in my interest and Senator Clinton's interest, but in the Democratic Party's interest and the country's interest, to make sure I make this decision well."

Calling his choice of running mate "the most important decision that I will make before I am president," the senator from Illinois said he would "be deliberate and systematic about it because this will be my final counselor when I am making decisions in the White House, and I want to make sure I get it right."
There he goes again, being wise and deliberate and calm. I've nearly forgotten how it feels to have a leader who doesn't create a whiff of toddler wherever he goes.

A senior adviser to the Clinton campaign tells CNN that the New York senator is not actively campaigning for the job, but would accept it if it were offered. But the adviser added, "She doesn't think it's going to happen."
That's a good sign. I like that sign.

Obama also said he would not respond to pressure from others about his choice of running mate.

"We have a committee that's made up of wonderful people. They are going to go through the procedure, and vet, and get recommendations. I will meet with a range of a people, and I will ultimately make a decision.

I also like that Caroline Kennedy is on that committee. That, too, is a good sign. There are so many positive signs around, I need a sign just to direct me to the most positive one.

"I am a big believer in making decisions well, not making them fast and not responding to pressure," he said.

That's pretty obvious and another good sign. All signs point to more good signs.

In a sign of things to come, he also said he would be talking to Hillary as soon as this weekend.

Signing off until my next post.

**NOTE-

We're having a fundraiser, and if you feel that we've added something to your experience these past few months and have a few bucks, please consider hitting that PayPal button to the right and dropping a few coins in. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts