Friday, June 6, 2008

Bush's Iraq Report defense: The propaganda worked

By GottaLaff

As I watch the Dow drop to 326, I'm unnerved. Now I'm unnerved and disgusted:

Froomkin:

Yesterday's long-awaited Senate Intelligence Committee report further solidifies the argument that the Bush administration's most blatant appeals to fear in its campaign to sell the Iraq war were flatly unsupported. [...]

The White House response? That officials in Congress and elsewhere were saying the same things about Iraq. Or in other words, that other people bought the administration line. It takes a lot of chutzpah to defend yourself against charges that you've engaged in a propaganda campaign by noting that it worked.
This is the kind of convoluted BushCo logic that comes from the guy who also said:



And:



Bush did succeed at one thing during his presidency: Convincing enough people of his lies to send a prosperous nation into an emotional, economic, moral, and geopolitical spiral.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts