Thursday, October 23, 2008

Former (Republican) MN Governor endorses Obama

By GottaLaff


Add this to the list of Republican endorsements:
Former Republican Gov. Arne Carlson endorsed Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama today, saying Obama represented the best hope for an America facing an economic crisis and criticizing Republicans for waging a mean-spirited campaign that has "been going down all these side roads." [...]

"I consider myself a Republican maverick," Carlson said in explaining his endorsement of Obama.

"I think we have in Barack Obama the clear possibility of a truly great president," he said. "I would contend that it's the most important election of my lifetime."

Here's the best part:

Carlson also took aim at Minnesota U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann, saying that her controversial remarks of the past week, suggesting Obama may have anti-American views, had led him to endorse the Democratic nominee.

Oh-h, suh-nap!

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts