Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sarah Palin trying to backtrack from her call for Begich to step down

By GottaLaff

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3222/2847784169_a5a6bbcbfb.jpg
A few days ago, I posted about Sarah Palin's efforts to get Mark Begich to resign after the charges against Ted Stevens were dropped. In her hamster-on-a-wheel mind, she equated Ted Stevens' legal technicality-based freedom with an invalid election, calling loudly and clearly for a super duper ultra cool special election. She did so unequivocally. Unambiguously. Unquestionably.
In an email to POLITICO, Palin spokeswoman Meg Stapleton confirmed the governor’s position. “She absolutely agrees that there should be a special election,” Stapleton wrote. “Stepping down to hold the special election would be the right thing to do.
Well, today is a brand new day, and you know what that means: Another day, another Shooty McMouthOff pratfall:
However, yesterday in a press conference, Palin tried to backtrack:

“I didn’t call for Begich to step down, either,” Palin said. “I said I absolutely agree that Alaskans deserve a fair, untainted election for the United States senate seat. I’m not splitting hairs on how that happens. I’m saying wonderful, good. I want to see an election that is fair, that isn’t influenced unduly by some announcement that the sitting senator was facing a multi-felony count conviction. That’s what we were told. Now, come to find out, that wasn’t the case.”

However, if Palin supports a new special election, by state law, Begich “would have to step down.” That process would temporarily leave Alaska with just one active senator. Nevertheless, Palin yesterday insisted that she wasn’t “splitting hairs on how a new election should happen.”

Poor Shooty. She really should be accompanied by a stenographer who can read back her own words to her. Or maybe she could just flip on the Tee Vee Machine and watch herself. She probably just doesn't have the time, what with hiring tasteless, controversial, unqualified boors for Attorney General and all. Defending them/watching them defend themselves can be so gosh darned time-consuming. You betcha.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts