Saturday, April 11, 2009

Twofer: Revealing video pulled; Alex Witt admits pushing irrelevant stories

By GottaLaff

Not-So-

Today's Not-So-Quickie #1:


I learned last night that the video I posted here, the one that reveals those "not real people" auditions for the NOM anti-gay sham video, was pulled from YouTube. The National Organization for Misanthropy Marriage called "copyright infringement!", but oops, too late. Millions have seen the weenies behind the curtain, not only all over the Blogosphere, but on the Tee Vee Machine, too.

Today's Not-So-Quickie #2:

While watching Alex Witt and "her boys" (::eye roll::) this morning, I picked up on this little tidbit. Pat Buchanan (why is he still called on to opine on national Tee Vee again?) was rambling on about the counterproductive story being pushed all over the Tee Vee Machine challenging Biden's version of a story v. Rove's, who called him a liar. Alex wonders out loud why the "story" is even relevant, considering the much more newsworthy crises of the day.
Buchanan:
"If it weren't relevant, we wouldn't be talking about it."
Alex:
[laughs] "Oh, I beg to differ."
Alex Witt, thank you for finally admitting out loud that cable news pushes inanity and irrelevance on the air waves, as opposed to genuine, illuminating, objective, and vital news that America needs in order to maintain an informed public and a real democracy.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts