Saturday, April 11, 2009

VIDEOS: Brokeword Mountain? Rick Warren backtracks on gay marriage

By GottaLaff

Via the Daily Beast:

When it came time to rally support for California’s Proposition 8, Pastor Rick Warren’s message was loud and clear: “Now let me say this really clearly: We support Proposition 8," the evangelical leader said via video message to his 22,000-member church the week before the anti-gay marriage measure went into effect in November. But now Warren may have changed his mind about gay marriage. In an interview with Larry King, Warren said he "never once even gave an endorsement” of the proposition, and that he was just “a pastor talking to his people” who, all of a sudden, was turned into the “poster boy for anti-gay marriage." “I wrote to all my gay friends—the leaders that I knew—and actually apologized to them,” Warren said. Leaders of the evangelical community and members of Warren’s church are bewildered at his turnaround on the issue. “He is being politically correct instead of biblically courageous,” one pastor said.
"I'm oblivious" to the Iowa same-sex marriage ruling? Oblivious? Really? He's completely unaware of a major, controversial media story about, of all things, Iowa's anti-Prop 8itude? One that goes right to the heart of his own public statements (see videos)? Wow, that takes some talent. I wonder if he sleeps through earthquakes.

Let's move right along to a glaring contradiction then. If Rev Rick never gave an endorsement to Prop 8, then what in the Sam Hill is this?

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts