By GottaLaff
P.E. Obama is nothing if not inclusive.When I wrote this week about the Obama transition team's frequent outreach to religious groups in the process of its policy planning and agency review, I noted that politically conservative faith-based outfits like the Family Research Council and the public-policy arm of the Southern Baptist Convention hadn't been invited to powwows with president-elect Obama [...]
It turns out that the Obama team has been in touch with the Family Research Council, one of the most powerful conservative Christian advocacy groups in Washington. [...]
FRC spokesperson J.P. Duffy confirms that the Obama team placed the call [to Tony Perkins] but that he was unaware of it when he told me earlier in the week that FRC hadn't been contacted by the president-elect's office. [...]
I'd reported earlier that the Southern Baptist Convention's Richard Land received a phone call from Obama religious affairs director Joshua DuBois, even though Land and his deputies haven't been invited to sit down with the Obama team.
