Monday, December 22, 2008

Palin's mistakes

By GottaLaff


Newsflash! Grandma Also admits nothing:
In an interview with Human Events, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) was asked about the biggest mistake she made in the 2008 presidential campaign.

Said Palin: "The biggest mistake made was that I could have called more shots on this: the opportunities that were not seized to speak to more Americans via media. I was not allowed to do very many interviews, and the interviews that I did were not necessarily those I would have chosen... But if I would have been in charge, I would have wanted to speak to more reporters because that's how you get your message out to the electorate."

Meanwhile, Washington Whispers notes a mistake Palin made after the campaign: She didn't return two phone calls from former President H.W. Bush.
Perhaps she thought they were prank calls.
Let's break that down. When Grandma Also did speak to the media, she was an inarticulate, blundering sack of ignorance. When she attempted to get out her message, it was one big smear campaign that egged on hate speech, violence, and lies.

The reason the interviews were ones she wouldn't necessarily have chosen was that they weren't all with Fox/sympathizers. As a result, she was either stumped by the simplest of questions, or rambled until her words got so convoluted that she somehow sounded coherent to herself. Nobody else, just herself. See: Fey, Tina.

Here are a few more details about that Bush 41 call:
...Whispers hears that former President George H.W. Bush is a bit miffed that Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin hasn't returned his phone calls of congrats for a good effort in the presidential election. [...] When the subject of Palin came up during their chat, Bush told of twice phoning her office but never receiving a call back. The first message was left at McCain HQ after she was picked to be Sen. John McCain's veep; the second with the governor's office after the election was over. ...[O]ur source says he was clearly perplexed. A Palin aide says the guv didn't get the message, as odd as that sounds.
She fouls up everything she touches, she just can't seem to help herself.

Now imagine her finger on that Big Red Button. That would be one mistake she should never have the opportunity to make.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts