By GottaLaff
I'm trying to use my son's laptop, that has no mouse of course, so everything is taking me forever to do. I also have none of my usual bookmarks, so I'm now embarking on Remedial Posting 101.
Here's a trial post all the way from gorgeous San Francisco:
Okay, this is about all I can figure out how to do on Mr. Laptop. This has already taken me four times longer than my usual posts do.Caroline Kennedy emerged from weeks of near-silence Friday about her bid for a Senate seat by saying that after a lifetime of closely guarded privacy, she felt compelled to answer the call to service issued by her father a generation ago.
She said two events shaped her decision to ask Gov. David
Paterson 11 days ago to consider her for the position if Sen. Hillary Rodham
Clinton is confirmed as secretary of state: the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks and
her work for Barack Obama's presidential campaign. [...]
She also credited her mother, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, with giving her
the courage to seek the job. [...]
She said she realizes she will have to prove herself and "work twice as
hard as anybody else." She acknowledged, "I am an unconventional choice," but
added: "We're starting to see there are many ways into public life and public
service."
On an unrelated subject, San Francisco is crystal clear, crisp, Obama-stickery, and as charming as ever. I lived here years ago, and it's nice to see that parts of the city haven't changed.
Muir Woods was cold and smelled foresty-dee-lish, and Boudin is the best bakery (yummmm, fresh sourdough) with the best clam chowder and the nicest people ever. Tomorrow, Alcatraz. After all these years, I'm finally breaking down and taking a look at it. I'll be surprised if they don't lock me up after seeing how insanely violent I'm feeling after trying to use this computer!
I miss you all! And Paddy's doing a superb job of keeping you all up to date all by her little lonesome. Thanks, Padlock! <3