By GottaLaff
Wesley Clark is discussing his military credentials... national security.
Wes: McCain's service doesn't have anything to do with being able to wrestle with national policy.
Andrea Mitchell: (interrupts) Neither does Obama have that experience....
Wes: It wasn't my decision to bring this up. I haven't made the ruckus.
Andrea: You answered it.
Wes: I answered it the way he asked it to me. That's not always done in politics, but I answered. It's important that there's a distinction between courage and commitment in military, and the judgment to be president. Obama's not claiming experience in military, but if you look at their policies on war on terror and Iraq, Obama has better judgment.
Andrea: Republicans say there's an organized campaign... John Aravosis (AMERICAblog) wrote about it. [shows quote about McCain's propaganda] Nobody said McCain did any propaganda as Aravosis said. McCain was an extraordinary man, but the issue of an organized campaign against his military service...? [Shows MoveOn.org's ad, the one with the mother and baby]...
Wes: That says nothing about his career, it's about his judgment. What I said has nothing to do with the Obama camapaign, I've been saying it for months. It's about judgement...
Andrea: You could be a v.p. choice. Do you think this helps or hurts?
Wes: First, I've heard nothing about this except press rumors. It's immaterial. What I was asked was my judgment based on my experience and that's what I gave. The relevance of military to the office of president is the only issue that's important.
Andrea: Obama's judgment, and McCain's: Will either have the flexibility they claim they do, in Iraq? Won't conditions on the ground be releveant?
Wes: Obama will look at conditions, and more.. he'll open a diplomatic dialog with Iraq's neighbors. He'll develop a stratetgy... start to withdraw imediately, within a month of being elected.
Andrea: Thanks for sticking to your commitment to being with us today, you kept your word.
Wes: Thank you for giving me the opportunity to say I honor everyone who served, especially John McCain.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Wes Clark on MSNBC : Liveblog
blog comments powered by Disqus