By Paddy
Wasn't crazy about them, never wanted one. But when I went to a local no-kill shelter and saw the litter of rott/beagle pups, I was enthralled. One was called Bigfoot, and he had the build that said he would be huge. Silken fur and bright eyes, I was all ready to take him home. Then Jeff showed me the runt. Easily half the size of Bigfoot, he had a bad eye and mange. But that one good eye- he looked right at me and did that stupid puppy smile thing.
He was one of the few constants in my life for almost thirteen years. When I had to take “boarders” to pay the mortgage, he alerted me when Crazy Woman was trying to sneak out without paying, and protected me from Yahoo Guy who didn't understand why I wanted the rent.
When I got my long anticipated computer, he was patient. He would follow me upstairs and lay by my feet until he heard the Windows shut down music. Then he'd run down the stairs, waiting for me to follow. He was my original blog groupie.
He smelled good. He'd cock his head when I said something exceptionally intelligent and never correct my grammar. Plus, he was easy. I'd always get one of those crooked smiles for a Scooby Snack or a scratch at Just. The. Right. Spot.
There is no heaven without our animals. Just thought I'd mention that.
Enjoy your endless Scooby snacks and raccoons to chase bud. I'm missing you hard.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Scooby 1995-2008
blog comments powered by Disqus