Monday, June 30, 2008

John Sidney McCain didn't refrain from using POW status after all, now did he?

By GottaLaff

"He [McCain] has refrained from using his P.O.W. status as a credential."
Oops. I guess John Sidney McCain didn't refrain hard enough:


Oh, and this one's no longer available on YouTube:

In the ad, McCain says: "Only a fool or a fraud talks tough or romantically about war. ... I was shot down over Vietnam and spent five years as a POW. ... I hate war. And I know how terrible its costs are. I'm running for president to keep the country I love safe. I'm John McCain, and I approve this message."
I'm sure there are lots more examples out there. But those would all be erroneous. He's been Swiftboated, but he'd never exploit his P.O.W. status, never. Kelly O'Donnell said so, so it must be true.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts