Thursday, July 3, 2008

Sen. Max Baucus vs. Bob "Couldn't Handle the Vow of Chastity" Kelleher

By GottaLaff


I didn't think anything could crack me up this early in the day, but check this out:
Saying he's concerned Sen. Max Baucus (D-MT) "may use personal smears" in their Senate campaign, challenger Bob Kelleher (R) "laid out his life's faults" yesterday, the Missoulian reports.
What are these "faults"?
Kelleher noted that he dropped out of a monastery "because he couldn't handle the vow of chastity."
Fault = penchant for horniness? Oh my, was that indelicate? Excusez-moi, but isn't being horny a Republican disqualification? What about being divorced three times and being an absentee father?
He also noted he has since been married and divorced three times and has seven children "and regrets the impact his absence had on their lives."
What about throwing caution to the wind and sowing one's wild oats? Just a random guess, but I'm thinkin' ol' Bob's not running as a Family Values candidate.
Said Kelleher: "I wanted to have fun."
That's what Bill Clinton said.
Not surprisingly, CQ rates the race Safe Democrat.
Hmmm, Safe Democrat v. unsafe pre-emptive Republican confessions. I'm calling this one for Baucus.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts