By Paddy
I will admit to being almost painfully confused about exactly what Obama is doing. I agree 90% with this, but on the other hand I'm feeling like it's more of a consolidation of power than an actual tack to the right. Or at least I'm praying there is a bigger plan that we're just not aware of, because on the surface, some of this stuff is really disappointing. The DLC was a base for the Clinton's and very centrist (as we talked about here) and with Obama's current actions would seem to be a good fit, but they have been powerful, and just maybe his campaign wants to keep all the power for themselves. Or maybe I should just go make a drink and stop worrying about it. What do you guys think the Obama campaign is up to? Oh and btw, Keith has a special comment on the Obama FISA flip-flop tonight. Should be interesting.
CHICAGO — It helped launch the last Democratic president and has pushed and prodded every Democratic candidate since Bill Clinton to adopt its centrist positions on issues from budget discipline to welfare.
But when the Democratic Leadership Council met over the weekend in the shadow of Barack Obama's Chicago headquarters, he didn't bother to stop by.
Is it losing its clout? Its members hope not, sidestepping Obama's refusal to see them and politely urging him to consider their approaches.
**blogger is buggered- no pics uploading.