By GottaLaff
[Erick] Erickson, who runs the influential Web site RedState.com, drew fire on Wednesday from Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele, after Erickson expressed glee over the outcome of New York’s hotly contested 23rd Congressional District race. With help from Sarah Palin and Dick Armey, Erickson had led the online charge to drive the GOP favorite, Dede Scozzafava, from the race, believing her to be too moderate. Erickson’s preferred candidate went on to lose to a Democrat—handing the GOP its first loss in this Adirondacks-based district in more than 100 years. Erickson nonetheless declared victory, saying he’d done “exactly what we set out to do—crush the establishment-based GOP candidate.”Hear that establishment-based GOP? I love the smell of Rushpublic civil war in the morning.
Now let's see what kind of guy good ol' Erick McErickErick is:
[A]t times his red-meat rhetoric has gotten him into trouble on the local and national stage. After he wrote on Twitter that retiring Supreme Court Justice David Souter was “the only goatf---ing child molester to ever serve on the Supreme Court,” he told the local Macon Telegraph that he regretted the remark, although he “felt good at the time saying it.”Erickson said he knows he sometimes crossed the line, “but at the same time you do want to excite and inspire on your own side.”
Thriving on uncivil instant gratification is so mature.
Imagine if a Democrat had said those words about Scalia.
And then imagine if after we did, we said this:
[...] "I know I’m right,” he said. “I’m talking to my own side, rallying the troops to take action. I want to make things happen. I want to blow things up and get things done.”Erick is a sad example of the miserable, hateful bunch is trying to breathe life into a dying party. How ironic that he, and those like him, will succeed at nothing more than killing it.
