Friday, October 23, 2009

John Ziegler Offers Olbermann $100K To Debate After ‘Crush on Palin’ Remark

By GottaLaff



The above video is a TPC exclusive. Story here... just to give you a peek at who Ziegler is when he's not daring his mental superiors to debates.

And here is the Countdown segment in question:


Via Mediaite, here is John Ziegler's reaction to the Countdown segment, in part. Follow the link for the whole thing, it's well worth it:

First, if Olbermann really had ANY interest in knowing what motivated this (which he asks his not even tangential guest about several times) why didn’t he just ask me about it? If he was afraid I would destroy him in a live interview (which of course I would) why not do one on tape? If he didn’t want to give me the face time, why not at least speak to me off the air?

[...] At one point Olbermann claims that I am motivated (bizarrely, moments after substantiating some of my other inquires of Keene) by “defending a crush.” For the record, my passion for defending Sarah Palin has nothing to do with any of her womanly qualities.

This may shock people, but my defense of her is not even politically based. It is motivated purely by the level of unfairness of the coverage of her. [...]

[...] If he has me on the show to debate Palin-related issues, live, for a full hour, I will pay his favorite charity $100,000, which is more than any profit I am ever likely to make from my film “Media Malpractice.” This offer is 100% real.

Where do I begin? My head is swimming with Zieglerisms.

Let's start with this: The chances of Johnny Z destroying Keith in a live interview-- or anything else for that matter-- is the same as Barbie McLipSchmutz speaking intelligibly. Ain't gonna happen. Ever.

Next: Keith speak to Johnny Z on tape or off air? Has Ziegler seen his own videos? He has no idea how to carry on a rational conversation, so why would Keith bother? Then there's that whole credibility thing, so any attempt at real conversation would be valuable minutes spent that Keith would never get back.

Next: Womanly qualities... I'm not touching that one. Well, maybe a quip about Johnny Z sharing-a-Rich Lowry-suddenly-sitting-up-straight-moment would be fun, but nah... I'll walk away from that one. Not worth the trouble.

Next: This isn't political? Really? It'a all about unfair coverage? The corporate media drooled all over Barbie for months, nearly as much as Lowry did. Not only did they sit up straight, they sat up and begged! It wasn't until Palin's refusal to do interviews-- and then, when she did, she spiraled into drastic Bring'EmToYaInWhatRespectCharlieFail-- that the press balked. She hasn't done herself any favors, Johnny. Delusional much?

And finally: Mr. Z? You'd do better to donate the money and spare yourself any further embarrassment. Think how great it would feel to actually accomplish something.

H/t: Oliver Willis

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts