Thursday, March 26, 2009

"Liberal" MSNBC cuts away from Obama live event to air Republicans

By GottaLaff

CNN has stayed with President Obama's virtual town hall meeting, but MSNBC cut away to show the Rushpublicans holding a presser on their own budget proposals (at least I think that's what they were yapping about, I immediately switched to CNN).

That was a few minutes ago. I just checked in on MSNBC and they are now back to their regular newscast, no more Obama.

CNN is still tuned in to the town hall meeting.

Go figure.

UPDATE: Via Commenter/blogger Broadway Carl, we get a killer response from MSNBC's Contessa Brewer:

Brewer: "I am very frustrated because we've been waiting for this, we cut away from the President['s live Online Town Hall] to hear the big build up. republicans have a plan, they have ideas, they're not the Party of No, and all I heard in that news conference was what they don't like about the president's plan.

...We've heard all this before. You get us all hyped up. You have our undivided attention and what happens, but you get up and repeat the same criticism we've already heard. I didn't hear ideas. I heard the promise of ideas. 'And we're going to have more on X, Y and Z' but I didn't hear the ideas."

Mike Viqueira: "So you're saying it's old wine in new bottles, essentially."

Brewer: "Well, that was a much pithier way of saying it."
That's better. I wish I'd seen that live, but I was all over Prez O (no, not literally... get your minds outta the gutter).

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts