Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Obama will regret follow-ups? I. Don't. Think so.

By GottaLaff

http://www.thetakeaway.org/media/photologue/photos/cache/obama-presser-alex-wong-getty_large_image.jpg
Craig Crawford gets quoted at Taegan's place:
Craig Crawford: "The follow-up question is back at White House press conferences -- and President Barack Obama might come to regret it."
"Regrets? I've had a few"... but I doubt they apply in this case. Why do I say this?
  1. Because Obama can out-think and out-talk just about anyone in the press corps (Helen Thomas may be the exception, Laffy says with a smile), my feeling is that he welcomes the follow-ups. He's usually three steps ahead anyway, and more questions provide him more opportunities to engage and communicate.
  2. He obviously made the choice to allow them. He's fully aware of what that entails, and isn't exactly the cowering type. He's the think-ahead type. I'm confident that he's confident.
  3. This.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts