By GottaLaff
No, this is not intended to be a suck-up-to-Keith Olbermann post, but it is a tribute.
And I admit it: I am Laffy and I am TwitterPated.
::Hi Laffy::
We all know Keith is a quick study, but he has mastered Twitter faster than Quitty McEarBleed can leave a governorship. No surprise there.
He interacts with fellow Tweeters (including yours truly, finally! See below), keeps us up on what he's up to, and is as charming as he can be.
Hence:


Why does any of this matter? I'll tell you why, and thank you for asking. Most well-known Tweeters don't respond to non-notables. Some do, but most don't. The warm reception Keith got was not only because he is a well-liked TV personality, but because he also treats people like people, not like less-thans.
One of the main gripes of the Twitterverse is that celebrities have thousands, even millions, of followers, but they follow back or reply to only a handful. Literally. It drives a lot of people away from them.
So this matters. It matters because he listens, and then he responds often enough that we know he is, in fact, really listening.
Kudos for that, Keith.
And because I feel like a giddy teen right now, I must put this out there to commemorate my moment of fangirlitude. Bygones:
Today's Best Person in the World.
Now then, enough of this adolescent swooning and back to my inane posting already in progress.
One of the main gripes of the Twitterverse is that celebrities have thousands, even millions, of followers, but they follow back or reply to only a handful. Literally. It drives a lot of people away from them.
So this matters. It matters because he listens, and then he responds often enough that we know he is, in fact, really listening.
Kudos for that, Keith.
And because I feel like a giddy teen right now, I must put this out there to commemorate my moment of fangirlitude. Bygones:
Today's Best Person in the World.
Now then, enough of this adolescent swooning and back to my inane posting already in progress.

