Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"Democratic Congressman with guts is a mythological creature, like a unicorn."

By GottaLaff

When Democrats unify, they actually accomplish things. Imagine what it would be like if they unified and communicated effectively. What a concept.

How many times have you yelled back at the Tee Vee Machine, as if you were a surrogate for Congress Member X? How many times have you gnashed your teeth as Rushpublic after Rushpublic punditiot over talks a Democratic one?

How many times have you asked, "Why can't our side do that?"

How many times have you called a Dem "spineless"?

"People want a congressman who stands up and speaks out. People have come to think that a Democratic Congressman with guts is a mythological creature, like a unicorn."

-- Rep. Alan Grayson (D-FL), quoted by the Plum Line.

I do believe in unicorns, I do believe in unicorns, I do I do I do. (Apologies to Bert Lahr)

[H]is appeal to Dem base voters resides in the fact that he’s not afraid of GOP attacks, that he doesn’t let Republicans own the debate, that he makes his case as aggressively as he can and hopes for the best — in short, that he fights. [...]

Rank and file Dems across the country have grown so fed up with watching their leadership cower in the face of GOP attacks that they reward this kind of feistiness when they see it — and even regard him as their Representative, Grayson says.

Reward the feisty, dump the wimps. Good idea. But first, we need to scrounge up a few more of the feisty.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts