By GottaLaff
"The Library of Congress will acquire all public tweets", the Library of Congress publicly tweeted :
A Library spokesman later expounded on the new archive in a blog post, writing that its primary function will be to assist researchers and educators.
Well, if it's going to assist researchers...
This is a learning opportunity, said the Library spokesman, who failed to tweet his thoughts:
"I'm no Ph.D., but it boggles my mind to think what we might be able to learn about ourselves and the world around us from this wealth of data," wrote the spokesman, Matt Raymond. "And I'm certain we'll learn things that none of us now can possibly conceive."
Like teenagers filling us in on what they're about to eat? Like Jim Carrey splitting up with Jenny McCarthy?
Like Keith Olbermann yummily zapping Glenn Beck?

I guess there are some tweets that are educational.
Here comes the Big H. However:
The acquisition could pose concerns for privacy advocates, who could argue that too much private information will soon become part of the public domain.If privacy becomes as optional as choosing to publicly tweet or Direct Message (a private, e-mailed tweet), Library, we have a problem.