Monday, April 12, 2010

MSNBC President Griffin: David Shuster Suspension “All About Loyalty”

By GottaLaff

By now you've all noticed that David Shuster is still missing from MSNBC. Insert sad face here.

There were reports that he shot a pilot for CNN while still under contract to MSNBC, which is a no-no, of course. But questions still linger, and Mediaite provides a few answers:

I said all along that this was about loyalty and looking out for this network and not our competition,” [MSNBC President Phil Griffin] told Mediaite, who said in an email Thursday afternoon (obtained by Mediaite today), “We don’t pay David to help CNN figure out how to beat us.”

Really, what upset me about this whole thing was how unfair it was to people who were loyal to the company,” he said. “That’s at the heart of this thing, that’s what makes it so difficult to get beyond.


Yes, it was unfair and probably hurtful, too. It's show/news business, and professionalism is mandatory. David threw a wrench into things, if all the reporting is accurate, and it needed to be addressed. But... I'd still like to hear his side.

So will David be back?


... Griffin said, “Dave and I have to work that out.”


Let's hope they do... amicably.

I'd like to give Griffin kudos for engaging viewers. I have e-mailed him, and he responded immediately. Others I know have done that, too, with the same result. That's highly unusual for a person in his position, so again, kudos.

That said, I sure miss David.

H/t: MADNews101

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts