Sunday, April 12, 2009

Rick Warren cancels ABC appearance

By GottaLaff

So I'm thumbing through my L.A. Times, and I notice that Rev. Rick Warren would be on George Stephanopoulososlousolsousoluos. "Oh, good!" I exclaimed. "Now Rev. Rick can explain this!" I bounded around the house, rubbing my little liberal fascist, communist, socialist hands together in anticipation. My hopes were so high!

But then....

But then.... this happened:

Pastor Rick Warren, after making apparently contradictory statements about his stance on a gay-marriage measure, canceled an Easter Sunday appearance on ABC’s “This Week” just “moments before the scheduled interview,” host George Stephanopoulos told viewers.

Stephanopoulos said Warren’s representatives said the best-selling evangelical author was “sick with exhaustion.” The host told viewers that he wished the pastor a speedy recovery.
He must be exhausted. He'd just executed one of the most strenuous flip-flops in history. Yes, history, and that's no easy feat. Here's hopes for a speedy recovery and the ability to rebound, both physically and morally.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts