Sunday, April 12, 2009

Joke-O'-The-Day: The Glenn Beck Comedy Tour. Oh, wait. He's serious.

By GottaLaff

I've tried to avoid posting this for hours, because I'm very tired of Glenn Beck getting so much attention, but it's a story that is circulating a lot, and I'm here to inform. So with that, I'll subject you to this against my will, and most likely, against yours:

Glenn Beck, Fox News Channel's latest sensation, is taking a comedy show on the road for six live performances over six days during the first week of June.

Beck calls his act a "poor man's Seinfeld" and intends to mix topical humor with his modern-day reimagining of Thomas Paine's 1776 pamphlet "Common Sense."

Comparing himself to Seinfeld will most assuredly be the funniest thing you will ever, ever hear that cretin say.

I will not post any details of his little laughingstock tour.

The live shows give him the chance to see firsthand what sort of themes are resonating among his regular followers, Beck said. [...]

"I learn something from the audience," he said. "I know my thoughts but I can see their reaction to things."

Note to Glenn Drek: You are not the least bit funny. Sick, yes. An oddity, yes. A spectacle, yes. Funny, no.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts