Monday, April 26, 2010

Senate Republicans may offer their own measure to overhaul Wall St.

By GottaLaff

According to Republicans, size matters:
Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa, holds a copy of the health care bill on the West Front of the Capitol in Washington, Thursday, Nov. 5, 2009, during a Republican health care news conference. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

I can picture them now, counting the number of pages, because that's all that really counts:

Republican aides said they may quickly offer an alternate measure that has been in drafting for months.

“We have been drafting an alternate approach from the very beginning,” an aide said.

Asked whether Republicans would offer an alternate bill, an aide said it is possible. “I think so, yes,” the aide said.

I wonder how many meetings with Big Bankers it took to come up with something lucrative enough to agree on.

If it's anything like their poor excuse for a GOP health care bill, it should look a little something like this:

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts