Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Anthony Weiner's take on Howard Dean's take on health care reform

By GottaLaff

http://cdn.freedomspeaks.com/Web/Uploads/federal.us-legislative-house.ny-9/6aa569e9ccbb402ab512e0c12ef20307_xl.jpg

Liveblog of Rep. Anthony Weiner on Countdown:
Lieberman expects the Stockholm Syndrome to take over. The same people who want to contain costs want to remove public option, that would contain costs.

I think there should be a mandate.

It's been a frustrating experience. We worship at the altar of Snowe, Lieberman and Stupak.

I've been reluctant to draw lines in the sand, and there are good things that remain. But we've lost on 3 points:

Woman's right to choose.

Choice in competition.

[Can't rememberthe 3rd, I'm blanking... anyone?]

I'm keeping an open mind. We are in habit of holding a gun to our own head, negotiating with those who don't want health care.

By waiting for future years, remember what happened 40 years ago. We need to get it right the first time.

Keith - Re: Dean: Don't kill the bill, but get what you want through reconciliation.
I agree, but I'm not sure I'd go as far as Dean. Reconciliation means the majority rules. and we've been hearing that it was a last resort. We are at our last resort time on the calendar here. Time to get 51 votes. If they don't like that, well, it's why we were elected, let's go do that. So in that regard, I agree with Gov. Dean.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts