By GottaLaff

But first, a personal note from 42bkdodgr:
Many of you may wonder why I chose to use the “ 72 year old friend” as the introduction to my Special Comments. I selected the moniker so readers could see that from my age and life experiences I give a different perspective to the issues of today.Now for his Special Comment:
Aiding and Abetting The Enemy
Recently former Vice President Dick Cheney and former special assistant to President George W. Bush Ron Christie stated on television that President Obama is “aiding and abetting the enemy“; while activist Peter Gadiel, on Sean Hannity’s show suggested that Obama should be tried for treason.Many thanks again for another important, relevant piece, 42bkdodgr. This one hit home with me, in light of the many posts I've done on Gitmo detainee Fayiz al-Kandari and the subject of torture. You never fail to say what so many of us are thinking and feeling, and your perspective is invaluable.
All this talk about “aiding and abetting the enemy”-- and treason-- is due to the fact that the U.S. government has decided to put Kahlid Sheikh Mohammed, the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks, and four of his cohorts, on trial in a civilian court in New York City.
I’m not going to discuss whether the decision to try the defendants in a federal court is the right decision or not, but what I want to discuss is who I believe has aided and abetted the enemy.
After the 9/11 tragedy, the United States had the full support on the world community to find and capture Osama bin Laden and members of the Al-Qaeda organization who claimed responsibility for the horrendous acts. When the U.S. invaded Afghanistan, many nations provided logistical support and/or armed forces to help in our endeavor.
We started to lose world support, especially in the Middle East, when it became apparent that the reasons given by the Bush/Cheney administration for invading Iraq were based on lies and misinformation.
As the world became aware of the following events-- (1) Abu Ghraib Prison Photos, (2) Rendition Prisons operated by the CIA, (3)Guantanamo Bay detention camp, (4) Torture and (5) Unexplained deaths at various prison sites-- it enabled Al-Qaeda to recruit terrorists for Jihads attacks against American forces and the people in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan.
But now we are also learning the war policies and practices of Bush/Cheney are having consequences in this country. Recent events show there is a growing trend of U.S. citizens participating in and joining in a global jihad.
One need only to look at such recent events as the arrest of a U.S. citizen accused of helping to plot the Mumbai, India attack; the massacre at Fort Hood, Texas; and the arrest of five young Americans in Pakistan for a possible terrorist connections... to see this global jihad is happening.
So I say to Dick Cheney, Ron Christie and Peter Gadiel: It’s not President Obama who has aided and abetted the enemy; it's the policies of the Bush/Cheney administration who have aided and abetted the enemy and have made this country unsafe and possibly open to another terrorist attack.
Dick Cheney you reap what you sow.