By GottaLaff
Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy
Major Barry Wingard is now Lieutenant Colonel Barry Wingard. This is great news on a few levels. On a personal one, congratulations, Barry! On a professional one, excellent work and well-deserved!
Then there's this other level:
The military has seen fit to recognize the professionalism and intelligence and capability of Major Barry Wingard, now Lieutenant Colonel Barry Wingard. This is different from what I just said above... how?
Please take note:
The military doesn't promote torture, they promoted the most vocal critic of torture. I have a feeling that Lieutenant Colonel Wingard would have preferred to see his client released because that is the way he is. But we can help him. Here's how:
Start by scrolling through posts I've written on this subject, most of them eye-openers, found here. That link includes audio and video interviews with Major Wingard, one by David Shuster (above), one by Ana Marie Cox, and more. My guest commentary at BuzzFlash is here.
If you use Twitter, the hashtag is #FreeFayiz. We have organized a team to get these stories out. If you are interested in helping Fayiz out, e-mail me at The Political Carnival, address in sidebar to the right; or tweet me at @GottaLaff.
Please note: I bumped this up because, once again, I set the posting time wrong, and meant for it to be up right arou-u-u-und.... now.