Sunday, February 1, 2009

VIDEO: President Obama speaks to Matt Lauer

By GottaLaff


UPDATE: I've added the video, and changed the blog title to reflect that.

Patented, award-winning, internationally acclaimed quick notes:

Pre-game, on his game:
"People think I'm cool... Nobody's cooler than my two girls. They take whatever comes with happiness... steadiness."
On ending the war, will a substantial number of troops be home next year in time for Super Bowl Sunday?
"Yes."
On the economy, how much worse will it get?
"We'll be in for a tough several months... It's gonna take a number of months before we stop falling, and then some time to [work our way back]."
Can you predict a number of Republican votes on the recovery bill?
"No, I can't do that."
You picked a team, right out. The Cardinals were a Cinderella story!
"I love the story... but the [other guys] campaigned for me."
Want to predict today's final score?
"Steelers will eke it out in a close one."
The Blackberry. Can I see it?
"It's like Inspector Gadget, if you touched it, it might blow up... It turns into a car if I have to make a quick getaway."
You have rock star status. But Us Weekly took you off the cover [only Sasha, Malia, and Michelle are featured], replaced by Jessica Simpson!
(President Obama peers at cover) "...who's in a weight battle apparently."
And finally:
"I'd like to give a shout-out out to our troops overseas who are watching this... "
NBC then went to a cutaway shot to some troops who were viewing the interview, who spontaneously broke out in smiles ear to ear.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts