Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Typical Obama press coverage

By GottaLaff

This post was originally going to be about the content of an article in The Hill about Obama's "charm offensive" ("Obama Charm Offensive Sways Republicans"), making contact with Congressional Republicans , reaching out to them, blahblah. But this sentence stood out:

The highly personal, hands-on approach marks a change for Obama, who has been described as self-contained and aloof and who, on the campaign trail, often seemed more comfortable speaking to large rallies than in intimate settings.
His "hands-on approach marks change"? Which Barack Obama are they reporting on? I guess that grass rootsy approach and community organizing show what a heartless cold fish he is. I suppose his making personal calls to voters makes him out to be a detached Ice King. I imagine Obama's comforting distraught students reveals what a stand-offish, impersonal recluse he can be.
The friendly gestures seem to be having positive effects. [Rep. Peter] King told Obama that he would not take any political shots at the incoming president.
Yeah, reaching out has never been one of his strong points.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts