By GottaLaff
In case you haven't heard yet:
Burger King, the home of the Whopper hamburger, is extending its kingdom to include men's cologne. Yes, you read that correctly: for $4 a vile, your man can smell like cooked meat.
Burger King has launched a new men's body spray called "Flame," which it describes as "the scent of seduction with a hint of flame-broiled meat."I think back to those heady (no pun) evenings when Mr. Laffy and I were dating, and say to myself, "Damn. If only he'd doused himself with rump roast, I'd have passed right out on my fainting couch."
The fast food chain is marketing the product through a Web site featuring a photo of its King character reclining fireside and naked, except for an animal fur strategically placed to not offend.Wise decision, making every effort not to offend like that. The dead animal skin angle shouldn't bother anyone at all, buttressing that whole red meat fragrance Eureka! moment. I'm sure vegans everywhere are applauding.
Burger King is also in the midst of its Whopper Virgins campaign that features a taste test with fast-food "virgins" pitting the Whopper against McDonald's Big Mac.Now there's a sure-fire winner. Why, the juxtaposition of the words "taste" and "virgins" alone should garner immediate praise from, say, your Rev. Rick Warrens and numerous gung ho family values groups nationwide! What an ad campaign! What could possibly go wrong?