Sunday, September 21, 2008

VIDEO: Gramm-pa McCain can't fire Cox, but he'd replace him anyway

By GottaLaff

Via Think Progress:


Last week, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) said that if he were president, he would fire SEC chairman Christopher Cox — a plan that is unconstitutional. “By the way, technically he can’t be quote, fired. But I’ll tell you, when I’m president, if I want somebody to resign, they resign.”
The video clip from 60 Minutes shows a few remarks from the conversation that I posted about here. Gramm-pa McCain discusses replacing Cox with New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo:
[I]n a statement from Cuomo’s spokesperson Alex Detrick, the Attorney General was non-commital: “It would inappropriate to comment in light of our ongoing investigations of short selling during the markets turmoil last week, as well as other market investigations we are currently conducting in conjuction with the SEC.
Grammps? If you aren't legally allowed to fire someone, it might be difficult to replace him.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts