I wondered about this last night when I heard that the University of Mississippi stand to lose five and a half million dollars if the debate doesn't go on. Here's one of the smart peoples take-
It matters if only Obama shows up at the debate. If the commission goes forward with the debate, as they promise, and if Obama shows up at the debate, as he promises, and if McCain doesn't show up at the debate, as he as promised, then I don't know what happens, but it seems huge.
McCain just not showing up to a debate would strike me as a huge blunder, especially if Obama is there, the audience is there, and the moderator goes ahead and asks Obama the questions. The McCain just looks like a flaky, chicken, hot headed, idiotic brat. It might not go down exactly like that, but it will still be an all-timer if the debate is held but McCain doesn't show up.
What do you think?