Friday, December 4, 2009

Number of threats against Obama same as previous administrations

By GottaLaff

http://www.popandpolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/obama-secret-service.jpg

There has been some back and forth about whether or not the number of threats against President Obama has gone up drastically as compared to those against past presidents.

I've mentioned I've heard that, despite one of my previous posts stating otherwise, things are about the same as they were previously. It sure doesn't seem that way, but I've seen at least two articles in the past few months that have stated the same thing.

Some of you have asked me to find a link to back that up, and until now, I had difficulty remembering where I'd read that, and Googling got me nowhere.

Finally, I ran across this in my morning L.A. Times:
[Secret Service Director] Mark Sullivan said that the number of threats against the nation's first black president was now "at the same level it was" during the two previous administrations.
Now whether or not that is true, or just a way to calm us all down while not admitting things are worse, who knows? But at least I found a source for those who requested one.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts