Thursday, February 26, 2009

President Obama to pull combat troops from Iraq in 2010

By GottaLaff

All combat troops out by 2010:

President Obama told congressional leaders Thursday he's planning to pull all combat troops out of Iraq by August 2010, which falls short of his campaign promise of bringing all combat forces home within 16 months, according to three Congressional officials familiar with the meeting. [...]

Obama also revealed to lawmakers that after combat troops are out, he plans to keep a range of 35,000 to 50,000 support troops on the ground in Iraq, the officials said.

All U.S. troops have to be out of Iraq by December 31, 2011, under an agreement the Bush administration signed with the Iraqi government last year.

I'm not sure why the media keep emphasizing the three month difference when the real news is that we're finally ending a fraudulent war/occupation. Did it ever occur to them that once he got in office, Prez O was given additional information that he may not have been privy to prior to January 20th, that may have affected the time frame? Or am I just being overly sensitive?

I'm all for getting out of there as quickly as possible, but I'm also for cutting the president a little slack. He's been in office for a month.

Hmm... I didn't see Bush promising troop withdrawal before 2011, and the punditiots were fine with that. In fact, did anyone notice anything other than gag-inducing slobbering all over Bush when he got us into this mess?

H/t: Dr. President

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts