By GottaLaff
The Senate Judiciary will be holding hearings on the Truth Commission next Wednesday. I hope it's televised:
Speaking on the Senate floor this morning, Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT) reiterated his call to hold a truth commission to investigate Bush wrongdoings, and announced that the Senate Judiciary Committee would hold hearings on the matter next Wednesday.I'm a big Sheldon Whitehouse fan, from what little I've seen of him. He's an effective speaker, and a good questioner during hearings.
I've said this a million times, but I hope this isn't one of those commissions that ends up being nothing more than a vehicle to placate people like me. If it opens the door to prosecutions, then I'm all for it. If not, you'll be seeing many posts typed in all caps with lots of exclamation points.
Read Leahy’s full remarks are here, and read Whitehouse’s full speech here or watch it here.