By GottaLaff
UPDATE (read more here):
Georgia gives green light to racial targeting at pollsPaddy and I were chatting away on the phone, and simultaneously, our mouths dropped open as we caught sight of our Tee Vee Machines airing shots of the unbelievably long lines for early voting in Atlanta.In a bold move this week, Georgia Secretary of State Karen Handel (R) announced she was sending letters to 4,770 registered voters that they may have to cast "challenge" ballots that won't be counted on election day.
In a striking announcement, she also declared that regular citizens would be able to contest the citizenship of fellow voters at the polls -- forcing them to also cast challenged ballots that won't be included in election day tallies.
The photos below don't even begin to capture the immensity of the turnout. If you've been to Disneyland, imagine the longest, snakiest lines on the most crowded day ever, cubed. Here's a sample of what's going on (click on images to enlarge). I hope I figured out the chronology, but if not, you get the idea:
3:45 a.m. Wednesday
Thursday
Friday





