By GottaLaff
Chronology:
Response:Earlier Saturday: McCain seizes on Obama's comment that his Iowa caucuses victory "vindicated" his faith in the American people.
“My country has never had to prove anything to me, my friends. I have always had faith in it and I have been humbled and honored to serve it."
From Obama spokesman Bill Burton:
"It's pathetic that John McCain would take a statement Barack Obama has been making for a year about his faith in the American people and distort it to attack his patriotism. Sadly, this is what we've come to expect from a desperate, dishonorable campaign that will say anything in a failed attempt to win this election."
As I type this, Obama is speaking in Colorado, and having a great time dissing Cheney's endorsement of Gramm-pa McCain. That endorsement gave him just the opening he needed to tie Grammps to Bush/Cheney tighter than Cindy McCain's facelift. It's deeee-lightful.