Monday, March 15, 2010

J.D. Hayworth: Gay marriage opens doors to bestiality

By GottaLaff

John Sidney McCain's bigoted opponent equated same-sex marriage with bestiality on a Florida radio show.

J Sid is pro-Don't Ask Don't Tell. What a pair:

"You see, the Massachusetts Supreme Court, when it started this move toward same-sex marriage, actually defined marriage," Hayworth said. "Now get this, it defined marriage as simply, quote, 'the establishment of intimacy.' Now how dangerous is that? [...] I mean, I don't mean to be absurd about it..."


Too late.


... "But I guess I can make the point of absurdity with an absurd point. I guess that would mean if you really had affection for your horse, I guess you could marry your horse."


Hey J.D., if it's that absurd, you might have had the presence of mind to keep your big mouth shut... for once. No self-discipline: The sign of a trustworthy leader.

And how about not even thinking it? Equating same-sex marriage with marrying an animal? Really? You're going there?

Conservative:

1.
disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
2.
cautiously moderate or purposefully low: a conservative estimate.
3.
traditional in style or manner; avoiding novelty or showiness: conservative suit.
4.
(often initial capital letter) of or pertaining to the Conservative party.

That remark was far from "conservative", despite your party affiliation. More like outlandish and offensive.

I am appalled by the level of incivility and irrationality in this country. What has caused such a devolution? Why are we as a country tolerating this apparent downward spiral? What happened to us? We should be demanding better.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts