Friday, March 19, 2010

Commenter called DeFazio; Aide: "Mr. DeFazio has not drawn a position"

By GottaLaff

http://blog.oregonlive.com/news_impact/2008/09/large_Defazio.JPG

Thank you Commenter Diane, for this update:

I just called Rep. DeFazio's office in Washington DC and contacted an aide. He said that the recent press is inaccurate and that Mr. DeFazio has not drawn a position. This is because he is still reading the bill — so much for the Republicans' talking point! — and will not decide which way he's going to vote until he has.

That's the definitive word as of 1:37 PM Friday, Pacific Daylight Time.

My original post, via ClusterFox unfortunately, who said he switched to "no", is here.

UPDATE from my pal Della Lee, via Comments:

I also called DeFazio's DC office. I'm from his district: Springfield OR 97477. I got the same message, including "Don't believe every news report you hear." Still undecided. I urged foot in the door, amend later, Yes on HCR now!

Thank you! We have the best readers in the world.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts