
Day after day after day we've sat around watching the Democrats fall on their asses with no damn messaging, no co-ordinated efforts on ANYTHING and a just f'ng sorry ass game plan all around. (May I just note, this is completely the opposite of the way the Obama campaign ran things last year as many people noted throughout. ) I would look at it as the Democratic Party as a whole being at a disadvantage when it comes to messaging.
Then it comes to this. A well known established Progressive blog makes a video using MONEY that could go to any number of Democrat supporting purposes to draw attention to an possible error/failure by our (D) President. I'm not going to post it. It's just a repetitive clip of the President saying he wouldn't tax health care benefits and comparing him to McCain. You can google it if you want, I'm not giving it the hits.
I literally f'ng cried. I don't know the people from FDL very well, I've often supported initiatives that they have started and happily contributed when they tried to oust Lieberman, but this shit has got to stop.
On the day that it looks like this problem has been addressed to everyone's satisfaction, they release a video that condemns the President for something he hasn't even done yet? Repeat- There is no final bill, no final bill, NO FINAL BILL. Yet they are hell bent on condemning the President and Congress for a maybe kinda thing that could happen.
/kicks dog
Added- What John said too and also.
Laffy Note: When Paddy and I commiserated about this today on the phone, I pointed out that there are a whole lot of Tweeple in the Twitterverse who agree with us. That's a whole lot of people. We're not alone.
Destructive campaigning is just that: Destructive. Let's unify instead of continuing this very unhelpful, divisive infighting. We need every available dollar for causes that will help this country, not slice and dice it into warring factions who should instead be organizing with the goal of making as much progress as we can.
Dissent is healthy, debate is mandatory, but this kind of misdirected anger is not going to inspire confidence in the Progressive cause. Channel that frustration and use it wisely to find a way to improve the situation, incrementally if need be. We're all in this together.
Fine-
Friday, January 15, 2010
Democrats Hate Success
blog comments powered by Disqus