By GottaLaff

After only seven months, with my Tonight Show in its infancy, NBC has decided to react to their terrible difficulties in prime-time by making a change in their long-established late night schedule.You can read his entire letter here.
Last Thursday, NBC executives told me they intended to move the Tonight Show to 12:05 to accommodate the Jay Leno Show at 11:35. For 60 years the Tonight Show has aired immediately following the late local news. I sincerely believe that delaying the Tonight Show into the next day to accommodate another comedy program will seriously damage what I consider to be the greatest franchise in the history of broadcasting. [...]
But I cannot participate in what I honestly believe is its destruction. [...]
There has been speculation about my going to another network but, to set the record straight, I currently have no other offer and honestly have no idea what happens next.
I wonder what the legal repercussions will be.